Wanna join The CWB?
Do you love chiptunes?
Do you love writing?
Well, how about combining the two and writing ABOUT chiptunes?!? *･゜ﾟ･*:.｡..｡.:*･'(*ﾟ▽ﾟ*)’･*:.｡. .｡.:*･゜ﾟ･*
We’re always looking for a few more good volunteer bloggers to join the team here at The ChipWIN Blog! If you think you’ve got what it takes, craft an article on your favorite chipartist/chiptune album/compilation/etc (approx. 1000 words or less; previously unpublished) and shoot it on over to firstname.lastname@example.org for review (please see previous blog entries for various examples & to see which topics we’ve already covered). We’ll check it out and go from there!
FYI, here are a few requirements/expectations to read thru before deciding whether or not to try-out:
- Previous writing experience and/or education is good, even if just a creative writing class in school/college. Not necessarily a requirement, however. All that truly matters is that you enjoy writing, are open & responsive to constructive criticism on such (i.e. you will be working with editors on the blog), and feel that other folk might enjoy reading your words. =)
- WordPress experience is good as well, but also not required. There’s a bit of a learning curve to adjust to, but if you’re patient, dedicated, & the least bit internet savvy you should be able to catch on quickly enough (& we will provide helpful instruction, tutorials, etc. to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible).
- To keep a spot on the blog team, you will be required to schedule & produce at least one timely write-up per month in coordination with the other writers on the blog. If you don’t think you can manage that or handle working with a team, please don’t submit.
- 100% or not at all. This may be the most important point among them all. While I understand that blog membership is a purely volunteer gig (& only one thing among many that our writers are invested in!), you’re choosing to contribute here. Make your contributions count! I do not abide “half-ass”. WHOLE ASS OR NO ASS AT ALL.
Perks of joining the team include, but are not limited to:
- Free &/or advance copies of awesome albums! ✿*∗˵╰༼✪ᗜ✪༽╯˵∗*✿
- Working with talented editors to level-up your writing chops! (b^_^)b
- Discount code for snagging ChipWIN merch! ♪( ´▽｀)
- Establishing a resume of articles you’ve published! (you’d be surprised how fast they add up! (꒪⌓꒪) )
- Free beer! (J/k sorry 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜 )
We’ll respond to your submission as timely as we possibly can. It may be only a few days, it may be a week or so, but please be patient in the interim. =)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS! ^_^
Brandon L Hood aka “President Hoodie”
Founder & Project Manager of Chiptunes = WIN