Wanna join the team?
Do you love chipmusic?
Do you love writing?
Well, how about combining the two and writing ABOUT chipmusic?!?
We’re always looking for a few more good bloggers to join the team here at The ChipWIN Blog! If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our all volunteer crew, write an album review/event review/tutorial/etc. (previously unpublished articles only please!) and email it to email@example.com for consideration. Please search through our backlog for various examples and to see which topics we’ve already covered (i.e. duplicate reviews not accepted). We’ll check it out and go from there!
Here’s a few expectations to read through before deciding whether or not to try-out:
- Previous writing experience and/or education is good, even if just a creative writing class in school/college. Not necessarily a requirement, however! All that truly matters is that you enjoy writing, are open and responsive to constructive criticism on such (i.e. you will be working with editors on the blog), and feel that other folk might enjoy reading your words.
- WordPress experience is good as well, but is also not required. There’s a bit of a learning curve to adjust to, but if you’re patient, dedicated, and the least bit internet savvy you should be able to catch on quickly enough. And we will provide helpful instruction, tutorials, etc. to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible.
- To keep a spot on the blog team, you will be required to schedule and produce at least one timely write-up per month in coordination with the other writers on the blog. If you don’t think you can manage that or handle working with a team, please don’t submit.
- 100% or not at all. This may be the most important point among them all. While I understand that blog membership is a purely volunteer gig (and only one thing among many that our writers are invested in!), you’re choosing to contribute here. Make your contributions count! I do not abide “half-ass”. WHOLE ASS OR NO ASS AT ALL.
- Blog Representation – If you’re writing for us, you’re representing us, so your behavior matters. Note that this includes your actions both inside and outside of the community (i.e your personal social media). That said, if you’re down with our mission statement & community guidelines, you should be fine.
Perks of joining the team include, but are not limited to:
- Free and/or advance copies of awesome albums! ✿*∗˵╰༼✪ᗜ✪༽╯˵∗*✿
- Working with talented editors to level-up your writing chops! (b^_^)b
- Establishing a resume of articles you’ve published! (you’d be surprised how fast they add up! (꒪⌓꒪) )
- Discount code for snagging ChipWIN merch! ♪( ´▽｀)
We’ll respond to your submission as timely as we possibly can. It may only be a few days, it may be a week or so, but please be patient in the interim.
Good luck to all applicants! ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪
Brandon L Hood aka “President Hoodie”
Founder & Project Manager of Chiptunes = WIN