Wanna join the team?
Do you love chipmusic?
Do you love writing?
Well, how about combining the two and writing ABOUT chipmusic?!?
We’re always looking for a few more good bloggers to join the team here at The ChipWIN Blog! If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our all volunteer crew, write an album review/event review/tutorial/etc. (previously unpublished articles only please!) and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review; please search through our backlog for various examples & to see which topics we’ve already covered (i.e. don’t need a duplicate review). We’ll check it out and go from there!
FYI, here are a few requirements/expectations to read thru before deciding whether or not to try-out:
- Previous writing experience and/or education is good, even if just a creative writing class in school/college. Not necessarily a requirement, however! All that truly matters is that you enjoy writing, are open & responsive to constructive criticism on such (i.e. you will be working with editors on the blog), and feel that other folk might enjoy reading your words.
- WordPress experience is good as well, but is also not required. There’s a bit of a learning curve to adjust to, but if you’re patient, dedicated, & the least bit internet savvy you should be able to catch on quickly enough. And we will provide helpful instruction, tutorials, etc. to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible.
- To keep a spot on the blog team, you will be required to schedule & produce at least one timely write-up per month in coordination with the other writers on the blog. If you don’t think you can manage that or handle working with a team, please don’t submit.
- 100% or not at all. This may be the most important point among them all. While I understand that blog membership is a purely volunteer gig (& only one thing among many that our writers are invested in!), you’re choosing to contribute here. Make your contributions count! I do not abide “half-ass”. WHOLE ASS OR NO ASS AT ALL.
Perks of joining the team include, but are not limited to:
- Free &/or advance copies of awesome albums! ✿*∗˵╰༼✪ᗜ✪༽╯˵∗*✿
- Working with talented editors to level-up your writing chops! (b^_^)b
- Establishing a resume of articles you’ve published! (you’d be surprised how fast they add up! (꒪⌓꒪) )
- Discount code for snagging ChipWIN merch! ♪( ´▽｀)
- Free beer! (…tomorrow. huehuehue~ 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜 )
We’ll respond to your submission as timely as we possibly can. It may be only a few days, it may be a week or so, but please be patient in the interim.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS! ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪ [
Brandon L Hood aka “President Hoodie”
Founder & Project Manager of Chiptunes = WIN